But anyway. This is going to be kind of a quick mishmash post. I'm just typing it up after work here at the library. Might as well. I've got a giveaway to publicize and I thought I might announce some semi-formal-ish reading and writing goals for 2019.
My artistic goals are really ambitious and I'm not going to write them all out here. Crazy stuff even outside of my writing life. Things involving producing two or three tin whistle CDs and learning digital art. I'll be pretty excited if I even get half of this stuff done.
But first off...
- Read 50 books. I didn't set a number last year, and I ended up kind of wishing I would have. I got kind of lazy. But 50 sounds doable this year...provided I read some fiction and shorter books now and then. *rents a 550 page biography of Einstein from the library*
- At least 12 books on astronomy/cosmology/astrophysics/space exploration. This shouldn't be hard for me. That's my second language. I'm a major space nerd. Also, this biography totally counts.
- At least 8 books on the craft of writing. I don't intend to stop growing, and writing and reading about writing are some of the best ways to do that.
- read certain classics that have been on my to-read list for way too long. Yeah. Got to do that eventually.
- Read some non-fiction on subjects I've never read about before. I love exploring new fields and I'm going to make that a priority this year.
- And fiction is apparently also a thing. So I'm aiming to try some novels. Maybe some mystery, maybe some sci-fi, maybe some dystopia...maybe even...*shudders*...some YA.
- PUBLISH SONGS FROM THE SMALL HOURS! Literally any day now. Just waiting on my final page proof.
- PUBLISH LIGHTWASTE! Also very soon. I promise.
- Edit and publish Dronefall Three, Rainchill. The first draft is complete. (It was my NaNoWriMo project.) It's going to come out this Spring. I won't make you wait.
- Write, edit and publish Dronefall Four. I'm really excited to get the book four. The plot isn't on paper yet, but I've got a cool and slightly creepy concept ready, and there are dual storylines...it's gonna be fun.
- Write and edit Dronefall Five. Yes, I actually intend to finish the Dronefall quintet this year. Kind of crazy. I highly doubt that Five will hit the press until 2020, though. I won't push it that hard.
- Publish a collection of short-stories. I've written several short stories and short story ideas breed like tribbles in my head. I might as well do it.
- Publish a second book of poetry in the Fall. Are you counting? Yeah, I want to publish five books this year. Told you I was going crazy.
Anyway. I'm sure you're exhausted just reading all this. Don't get too tired. You've got a lot to d yourself this year and we've only just started. What better way to start than to enter a book giveaway? I mean, getting more books is prerequisite to reading more books, right? So, I just thought I'd like you to the giveaway celebrating the launch of Reveries Co., which includes a paperback copy of Dronefall among the loot.
Here it is. To The Giveaway! Happy 2019!